- Massage can help with relieving everyday stress, assist relaxation, aiding sleep and promoting a sense of well-being
SPORTS AND REMEDIAL MASSAGE
- Sports and remedial massage offers a specific treatment for those that are physically active either in sport, profession or their hobbies and also those with a more sedentary lifestyle
- A number of techniques are available during a sports and remedial massage including deep tissue massage, stretching, myofascial release, taping and dry needling – treatments are adapted to suit individual requirements
- Minor sports and overuse injuries
- Pre and post event
- Maintenance treatments to complement a training plan
- General muscle tension or discomfort including lower back pain, neck and shoulder discomfort, tension headaches
- Assist rehabilitation of acute and chronic injuries including post surgery
- Maintenance treatments for chronic pain conditions and neurological disorders including fibromyalgia and multiple sclerosis
- Feelings of tension and stress
- Can be used in conjunction with other musculoskeletal therapies including chiropractic, osteopathy and physiotherapy
- Alex qualified in 2012 and has since then has worked continually treating a wide range of injury and fitness issues.
- He works with all ages including the elderly and disabled as well as local athletes.
- Alex is a keen runner and has completed numerous ultramarathons and marathons as well as triathlons. He is currently training for an Ironman event next year.
- He has been married to Andrea, who is also a sports masseuse and pilates instructor, for the past 14 years and they live with their two children in Thame.
Massage: Sports and Remedial/Holistic £50 (1 hr), £30 (30 mins)