What is Reflexology?
- The principles are based upon the theory that different areas of the feet (or hands), relate to corresponding parts of the body.
- Pressure is applied and adjusted accordingly, depending on levels of sensitivity. This is a non-invasive treatment.
- Reflexology can relieve everyday stress, help relaxation, aid sleep and promote a sense of well-being.
- The treatment is relaxing and comfortable, many clients often fall asleep during the session!
- Reflexology is suitable for all ages, from children to the elderly and pregnant ladies following the first trimester (12 weeks).
- Clients who have had heart conditions; depression; strokes and cancer can be treated, although it is advisable to consult with your Medical Practitioner if you are unsure if the treatment is suitable for you.
- Reflexology does not claim to diagnose or cure – but there are a number of benefits which in turn aid certain conditions and provide a feeling of deep relaxation.
What Happens When I go For Treatment?
- The treatment will begin with a consultation. All information remains confidential.
- The session is then tailored to meet your individual needs.
- You will be asked to remove your shoes and socks. Louise will record her findings to act as a record for comparison on any future sessions.
- Relaxing music can be played (or not if you prefer).
- You can chat to the practitioner or if you prefer you can rest quietly or go to sleep.
- Over the the past twenty years Louise has built an extensive portfolio of skills which has culminated in her qualification as a Reflexologist
- Louise is currently working towards obtaining a Diploma in Adlerian Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Louise believes that internalising thoughts and feelings and experiencing pain or discomfort can impact on physical health.
- Louise trained as a Registered Midwife and then became a Community Practitioner. As a Health Visitor and is qualified in maternity reflexology.
- Louise uses all the skills and experience she has acquired to ensure that her clients have the best possible treatment customised to their individual needs.
- Louise enjoys using Reflexology to ‘make a difference’ to people positively and finds it rewarding when their health and well-being improves.
- Louise is married with three children and lives in Thame.